Friday, June 20, 2008

It's FRIDAY already!!

"Willing to Grow"


How the week has flown by. My brother-in-law Steve and his Bride Linda have been on my mind. Tonight is the rehearsal and tomorrow is the Wedding Day. and it's ALL PURE JOY! I am so happy for them, and I'm looking forward to the magic of the next 48 hours. I'm so thrilled to be part of the family!!

So, before I'm off, I wanted to post this week's mandalas... I started by making three tiny ATC (artist trading card) sized in water color. They are somewhat frustrating because the work is so small and hard to control. But it's easy... there's a wide variety of colors.... and it's the process that is meditative and draws me inward.... creating something like peace and calmness.

Then I branched out onto bigger drawing paper using sharpies... not at all happy with the first one,
but then the one I entitled "Willing to Grow" felt really good. My granddaughter really got into the metaphysical feelings.... and I really love gazing at it.

It's been really fun, grabbing a few minutes here and there to relax and draw mandalas....
For now, I have some ebay listing stuff to do, then packing for our overnighter for the rehearsal, dinner and wedding tomorrow. I'll post pictures!
Love and Blessings to all!

1 comment:

  1. willing to grow is quite charming and very believable...dig your roots deep and reach for the sun...

    have a great weekend and celebration
    from your friend up north

    ~sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you