Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Friday Aug 22 Yosemite here we come!


Ah... I just love Yosemite! I was so fortunate as a kid to have enjoyed years of family camping here. Our family would camp at Camp 7, right by the Stoneman Bridge. The river was great for swimming. Every night we'd go to the campfire program, sing silly songs (stand up, sit down, shake shake shake). Then the romantic story about the firefall, and the silence as everyone listened to hear the "Let the fire faaalllll" as the bright red embers cascaded off Glacier Point.... then the ooohhhs, and aahhhs. On the way back to our campsite we'd hear the voices calling out "Elmer" "ELMER!". I've forgotten what that folk tale was about. But still today, you can hear an occasional "Elmer" called out during early evening darkness. So, eating on a food plan should be too hard since I sliced and diced my veggies last evening. I'm just so excited to be sharing this with Brit and her boyfriend. And it really is a trip back to my youth, my hopes and dreams. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you