Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sat. Aug 23, just too wonderful!

Today the kids are off on a hike to Vernal Falls, and I took a great bike ride around parts of the Valley. It's so crowded here... but the smell of Yosemite and the views are breathtaking! I'm finding it discouraging and trying to stick with this foodplan idea. This is the first get-away where I haven't had my favorite snacks or wonderful drinks to help be relax and enjoy. Watching the kids eat smores, chips, etc... has been hard. I feel like a baby, here is God's wonderland.... and here I am sad about the foods I'm not getting to eat! With all my preparations... the milk has gotten a funny taste in it, I forgot the oil and the yogurt... but I don't want to focus on the negatives.... this is truly GODS PARADISE! And I'm thankful at such a deep level for this beauty and that I have the ability to be here enjoying it! We were so lucky to get a campsite right on the river, with Glacier Point to the right and Half Dome right in front of us! The river is deep here and a great swimming hole. I'm not doing much thinking or journaling... I'm just soaking in the peace and tranquility, especially early in the morning before the other campers wake up. The steep walls of the valley seem to cradle me and give such great comfort! And I'm so grateful that Brit and David could hike to Vernal falls and jump in! They came back early, totally exhausted! Here are the pictures, first of Vernal Falls from a distance. Note the little rock at the bottom... because the next picture is of Brit jumping off, into the pool at the base of the falls. Brit has been so supportive of my food plan.... she wants me to be able to take hikes like that next year with her! Thank you God for this amazing venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you