Thursday, August 21, 2008

DAY 2!! for real!

Oh, it feels so wonderful to have done a full day, completely on the program! I still have a level of frustration, trying to get certain things done before leaving on Friday. I have lots of ebay items to list, to mail, plus the shop data to enter and checks to write and drop off, all before leaving on Friday.

But, yesterday was wonderful.... not in me being up in spirit, more about me being on track and having faith and hope. I chopped and chopped tons of veggies. As I was weighing my 12 oz for lunch, there was a huge bowl of veggies needing to be refrigerated. So I thought, why not bag them all now! Measured out my 12 oz portions into little baggies and popped them in the fridge.
What a concept!

Decided I needed, really wanted and needed, to make a Wednesday night meeting, even though it's 25 miles each way. Brit packed me veggies and chopped up 4 oz of porkchop, seasoned, and off I went. (Had to make a vital bank deposit as well.) Found the bank just before six, then found a fabulous park a few blocks from the meeting (gotta love that GPS system!!).... where I sat for almost an hour, ate my dinner while reading the big book, all to the sounds of young children playing in the park.

I went to my meeting and was warmly greeted by my 2 week sponsor, with a huge hug! Sat in the front row and raised my hand to read. This meeting was in a chapel and the seats were so comfortable! I need to leave meetings right a way to make the long trip home and try to have some down time before going to bed.

All in all, it felt like a very successful day! I am grateful for my temporary, 2 week sponsor. She told me this morning to take my sweet time to find the perfect sponsor for me. Guess this will be an issue I look into next week, after returning from Yosemite.

And I am so thankful, grateful, and glad to be healthy and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you