Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winter's Lace Wonders....

I've been snuggled away in my little sewing studio and loving it. It's an escape to a relaxing, fun, inspiring, and lovely retreat, right on my own property!

I thank Lila for her wonderful video on making Dior Roses! Mine aren't near as beautiful as hers, but I do like the way they turned out. In the center of mine I'm using some of the tiny, little flowers from my 1919-dressmaker stash. I must have at least 50 of these tiny flowers. I can't imagine how long it took the dressmaker to form all these tiny rosettes! I think they look great in the middle of the Dior roses.  Check our Lila's YouTube videos! She is a very generous woman!


I used one of the roses on the cover of my latest Prayer Keeper..... You can see the hem of a Christening dress. I love using fabrics that had a reverent purpose at one time.
 In this book, I used colorful silk images of Mother Mary against the creams and ecru colors. I'm not sure which style I like best.



Thanks for looking, Sweet Blessings, Chris

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Each prayer book is prettier than the last ... oh what am I talking about - they are ALL gorgeous!

    Wishing you a beautiful day!

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and just as nice as mine Chris, keep making more, I am so glad you showed me your flowers
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful way to pray! Holding a gorgeous lace book of pictures of Mother Mary. I would have never thought of this. It is a spiritual lift just looking at the lace then opening it and seeing the beautiful pictures....it would help anyone's soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the roses and the use of pinks and deep red. What a wonderful way to pray and feel spiritually increase the love in your heart. The lace is a wonderful tribute to the Virgin Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful lace book...your roses are wonderful as well...thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful assortment of lace! I have been having such a hard time finding tan/antique lace and the ones I have dyed dont come out the way I want! Thanks for offering this in a give away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received a tag with some very pretty lace attached, would love to copy it btu have not found the right lace. hope I win! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you