Saturday, August 14, 2010

YOSEMITE again and again

I've just got to post these fabulous pics of Yosemite.  I'm so excited, with my Senior Golden Pass, I get to return to Yosemite again and again, for FREE!!!  Plus, I just booked three nights in September in Tuolumne Meadows, and a beautiful campsite in the valley, right under Half Dome for another three nights in Oct. I feel so rich!
Early in the morning, NO ONE is in the parking lot.... I LOVE IT!!


The MISTY MORNING VIEW from the tunnel.

Amazing El Capitain, in the early morning light.


I've been coming to Yosemite since the  1950's, remembering the FIREFALL! Camp Seven and the Stoneman Bridge, when there were no designated campsites... you just pitched your tent along the river. At night we would yell out "ELMER"... and then about 9:30 we'd hear "Let the Fire Faaalllllll", and a beautiful cascade of glowing red embers would give us a beautiful fireworks show from Glacier Point.

It's always so wonderful to return, again and again. so you can imagine how thrilled I am to have a LIFE TIME PASS!!


Anyone else have memories of Yosemite??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you