Sunday, August 29, 2010

Art Journal - Visual Journal - Art on the go!

I am just loving my little art journal. It goes everywhere with me, along with my teensie-tiny little watercolor box and travel brush that has water inside it! I never have to fool with pouring, carrying or messing with water! The whole little travel kit fits snugly in my purse so I can pull it out when ever.

There are several great books and wonderful teachers who offer amazing techniques for Visual Journals... but I kinda like the niche I'm in. I just like to capture my thoughts and responses to both what I see and how I feel. I found that once I got my materials together, it actually comes quite easy. Of course, I'm not doing allot of cutting and pasting, mixed media and all... just simple pen and watercolor.

This was from my first trip to Bodega mid July.....
And this was done in the middle of the night before my trip to Yosemite. I was so excited, I couldn't sleep!

This entry was very joyful for me. My little cousin Christina is very shy about anyone seeing her art work... so I came up with this idea.....


Being a doodler... I like that my pages don't always have to be serious, or even about me trying to duplicate something I see. Actually, David Deyel, my last Yosemite Art teacher, said he never tries to paint details, because he's NOT A CAMERA. I love that! I like the idea of painting what my feelings are responding to, rather than mimic details.

 But, I wasn't looking at anything... just doodling here..... pure fun.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be my favorite saying... I'm not a camera! Your art smiles... YOU have a happy heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you