Friday, October 26, 2012

A working vacation!

Hubby and I were able to book a week up here at Lake Tahoe.... a perfect condo to spread out and do my yearly paste paper creations. I like having the large kitchen, lots of counter space, and to work in such beautiful scenery. We thought we'd take a few drives to see the fall colors, beautiful golden aspen trees and all. Last week it was in the 70's here.

YIPES! In came winter! Snow and Ice and me in my Berkenstocks! But is is amazingly beautiful. Today, our fifth day, the sun is finally out. (I have such respect for people who live in the snow!)

So, first few days were all about creating paste papers... I made 50 sheets! Then a day and a half, cutting and creating journals. I did 25 larger composition book journals and 15 smaller ones. Both will be on sale in my etsy shop soon.

When I wanted a break, I switched to felting soaps. So, our condo smells so delicious!

Then, yesterday, I switched gears and started soldering on beautiful vintage bottles. No pics of those yet... maybe later today.

So, that's what a working vacation looks like. Here are the pictures....





 Even the scraps are beautiful! Great for collage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you