Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ta DA! Yummy Yummy paper play!

Well, today I finished a beautiful piece of work, if I do say so myself. I was commissioned to create a beautiful, thick journal for an art presentation. Well, Beth and I have had fun, emailing back and forth, sometimes over-the-top with ideas. Finally, it's done!

Beth created the front and back covers using a yummy thick book board. She decorated it with a beautiful border and a sweet bird looking in.

Inside, is 20 luxurious, yummy, tantalizing, thick, 300 pound watercolor paper pages, measuring 12 by 12 inches. (Enough to drool over! True watercolor eye-candy!) She also asked that I mount a blank sheet to the inside front and back covers.  Her plan is to use this journal as her portfolio for her own art work. I can't wait to see how it looks chock full of her beautiful designs.

I love working with the deckle edged paper. Even tearing the pages was a treat! And I love how no two pages are exactly the same. The deckle edges peek out around the edges.

The binding is huge! 1 1/2 inch clear coil, so the book will open and lay flat.

Like I said, a beautiful job!  Thanks Beth for letting me create this for you!

Oh... and here are the pics!








Oh... just for desert... here's little Molly taking a nap on my bed.... (I don't know which I like better, the 300lb watercolor paper, or Molly's tummy. Nope, no contest. Molly wins!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you