Sunday, May 5, 2013

Springtime Score!

Good morning dear friends. 
You'll get a chuckle and you will certainly enjoy 
the eye candy you're about to see.

First though, here is my friend Lorri Scott
She is posed next to a rack of her
Amazing Wearable Art!
Lorri is our featured May Artist in my shop, 
Here she is in her magnificent splendicity! 
I made up that word, SPLENDICITY, it fits Lorri!
Visit her blog, and you'll see how fabulous she is!
 On the home front....
Here is the bag of EYE CANDY
I mentioned above....
This old plastic bag is chock FULL of 
AMAZING CROCHET LACES!

I found this exquisite crochet yoke
So sweet and delicate
Even though it's been living in an airless bag
for who knows how long.
I'm thinking Lorri could do something amazing with this.
 Here is a closer view of the intricate work!
 Also, tucked into this bountiful bag
This unusual netting, with little cotton dots.
It's really all white, 
the dots appear pinkish in the picture.
Anyone seen something like this before?
What is it called?
 And, here is a closer view of some of the lovely lacy pieces.
 You may be wondering...
Where did she find such a bountiful bag of lace goodies?
Please don't laugh...
Ok, laugh, I'm still laughing myself!
The found treasure trove
was uncovered in my own
STORAGE SHED!
Yep.
Four years ago, we downsized.
Moved from our huge house in the redwoods near the river.
To our little cottage in the redwoods near the lake
(Yes, we like the whimsical!)
I had to downsize my huge sewing room as well.
Yesterday, I ventured into the storage shed,
and ta-da...
I rediscovered and, brought back to life
My Bountiful Bag of Lovely Laces!

So, dear friends, that's my story.
Sending you Sweet Blessings for a
Lovely Spring Day!
xoxo Chris



2 comments:

  1. So many lovely things. Your home looks and sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - we'd all love to find such a stash of treasures! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you