Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Reiki Center Blessing....

My friend Joyce just celebrated the opening of her SANTA CRUZ REIKI CENTER.

Knowing I would miss the Blessing Ceremony (attending my nephew's graduation) I wanted to create a symbol of the good works she is doing, and will do for many years in her new Center. I envisioned a scroll that she could display opened up, or rolled up and stashed in a secret corner.

In the style of KC Willis, I wanted to keep it organic and reminiscent of the Ancient Energies that Reiki embodies. So, with bits of this and that, and words lifted directly from her website, here is what I came up with.

 Here is a close up of the top and bottom. I used vintage raw silk, hand made lace, and some translucent brown organza.  Ah, I just realized I didn't get a picture of the backside. All was layered upon a piece of vintage upholstery fabric, all in shades of muted green and soft healing creams.


And here it is, all rolled up, able to be tucked into a secret corner, still emitting Sacred Blessings.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you