Friday, October 9, 2009

School's in!

Ok... so now I'm fully involved in my college classes. Half the time I am present as the 62 year old student, valiantly taking notes and absorbing new information. The other half of the time, I'm the observer, in total awe and appreciation for the brilliant minds of these young 18-20 year olds. Of course, I'm in Philosophy classes.... not an easy option for an average student. It's just amazing to hear these young minds speak!

And I'm learning how to learn. I always felt (and was told) that I have only "normal" intelligence. Plus, I was told I wasn't college material, way back when I liked boys more than history or algebra. Several times in my life I've dipped into the college offerings, taking gerontology/social work classes in the 70's, and anthropology/art classes in the late 80's. And, well, I did complete my "Masters" in metaphysics via distant learning.... but I don't count that as serious learning since it's not an accredited program, and was way too easy.

This time in my life... it's a whole new thing. I am so turned on by learning! Each day, my mind creates new ideas about what to learn about next... and how I might use that in the world. I have the idea that by the time I'm 70 I will have increased my IQ, plus be ready to start a whole new vocation.... I like the concept of "Creative Arts Therapy"... maybe teaching, counseling, writing.... maybe all of it.

Good shoes have also helped. Put a spring in my step. My age-old comfortable Birkenstocks were like walking in snow shoes... now I feel I'm bouncing all over campus.

'Nuff said.... got about 10 hours of reading and note taking this weekend.

Feels good to blog again!
love you,

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you