Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Memories of my quiet retreat

Well, I've been back for a few days now. Seems last week's rest and relaxation was months ago! But, there is something magical about taking the time to sketch and paint. I'm feeling it mostly like a deep meditation, where I get lost in the hues, shapes, colors, etc. In the midst of that journey, thoughts are suspended and I feel deeply connected to the 'All'....

 Driving through the sweet town of Upper Lake I was mesmerized by the beautiful fall foliage.
 And, while reading Matthew Fox's book on Hildegard of Bingen, her thoughts on Veriditis... the 'greening' of God... Inspired this leafy mandala. Here, I got lost in the many, many layers of green within each leaf.
Here is a rough sketch of my World Mark Resort at Clearlake as viewed from the dock.
And finally, here is some of the bounty I found at an antique shop in Lakeport. So many beautiful, delicate, delicious laces to create with! Looking forward to getting started!

 In this picture, you can see close ups of just a few of the amazing Victorian collars and cuffs I found!

3 comments:

  1. Your paintings will bring back precious memories of your trip when you look at them in times to come. And what a haul of lacy treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful soul sister :) -- I am so glad to see that you are still creating and sharing via your blog! This water colors are delicious...and the vintage creations...indeed show your passion. I love it all. And yes... "self care" -- is essential. Glad you are doing it. Me too. All the best to you Chris and the family. I am rich in a treasure trove of memories of the fun and enjoyment we've had. Thank you. Joyous blessings... Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet drawings and paintings here Chris! Oh I remember Matthew Fox from years ago!!!
    I never cease to be amazed at the most beautiful laces and collars you find. They are stunning!
    Warm hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you