Monday, August 15, 2011

Chunky Prayer Book - SOLD!

Saturday Update.....
HOORAY! I put this in my shop two days ago and a gentleman bought it as a surprise for his wife today!  I LOVE when my artwork sells!  Thank you God!

Well, this is what I've been working on all week. I love the way it turned out. I'm posting lots of pictures and will try to describe each.

This is the cover. I love the saying: Good Morning, this is God..... I made bunches of little 1x1" stamps... thought these looked good here.
 I had to make another "Holy Rose" for the cover since the regular ones are too big. This one uses only a few Bible die cuts, the regular one uses 10, and it's really full and pretty. ALSO.... haven't got ribbons in every color you'd like? I just slipped this organza cream colored ribbon over my blue ink pad.
 Page 2...I made a place to tuck a little journal card... used vintage Bible paper that I glued together to make a more study card-stock paper. Note the vintage gimp trim at the bottom. I have rolls and rolls of this, in lots of colors. Probably should sell it on Etsy.
 The backs of some of the tags tucked in, perfect for little prayers or thankfulness notes.
 Can you guess what I made this card holder out of? Yet... coffee sleeve.Ran it through the embosser. (Sorry for blurry pictures... morning coffee jitters!)
 I kinda like the circular journal cards. A little whimsey.
 I found some new fonts on http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/  I LOVE this one! Made up pages of phrases in fabulous fonts to use where ever.
 I made a collage sheet of these bird cages with different birds, and cages. Still have a few to go before I'll list the collage sheet on Etsy. So much fun! and they are perfect for tags.
 I like designing my own papers... here you see one of the rulers from my ruler sheet, plus the black Deco roses.
 I spent most of yesterday morning making tags with positive affirmations on them... including a few Unity prayers and the Serenity prayer. The back side of these little tags are free for journaling.
 More positive messages....
 Here's the back of one of the affirmation prayer cards. These are two cardstock weight papers, glued together... makes a nice, sturdy little card. Oh... and the little strings are vintage (really old!) embroidery threads!
 I love the swirl papers.... made them using a free Photoshop brush from Brusheezy. http://www.brusheezy.com/Patterns/1403-Different-Pattern. When I design my papers, I make several layers underneath, all in coordinating colors. This is a vintage button. The layout is on more of the Bible pages made strong.
 Just a fun little layout... plus cute little easy-peesy flowers.
 I'm so happy with these tags! Want to make lots more. Maybe 31? one for each day of the month? A great inspiration... or maybe make into a 31 page mini journal? Oh man, I get more ideas than I can keep up with!
 Another style of my "Holy Roses"... made with the heavy Bible pages.

 This multi-layered band goes all the way around the page.... great for tucking. The Holy Rose stops it from sliding off the page.

 And here is the back side where I can slide a larger tag easy-peezy.
 Mystele (http://www.mystele.com/) taught me to USE EVERYTHING! Now I have a bin full of packaging materials... this tag is a shiny piece of cardstock (from something I've forgotten). I embossed it, stained it, and glued journal lines on the back. It really has a nice feel to it. I highly recommend starting a bin and tossing in all kinds of packaging materials.

 This blue-striped paper is actually vintage wallpaper that I fooled around with on Photoshop... I have it now in several colors.
 There are over 30 tags for journaling in this book.
 The roses on this paper were from a stained glass window. I isolated my favorite rose, then copied and arranged it to make a little pocket. I made a polka-dot paper in several colors.
 Love is a great answer!
 And finally, the back cover... nice and sturdy... no pockets or stuff to get roughed up. Oh, and I even signed it. People keep telling me it's important to sign my work.
 Top view....
 Lastly, as I finished taking these pictures this morning I happened to look out my window.....
Good Morning God!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely creation. Inspiring thoughts. Gorgeous forest. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautifully made book, I love how the combinations and details you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Lovely thoughts and very inspiring.Lots of great detail.Thanks for sharing your prayer book, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is a labor of love and is so inspirational. Beautiful color and cards and wonderful affirmations. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, this book is simply perfect; it uplifts and reminds everyone to focus on what is truly important. I really love it. I want to hold it and carry it with me, dip into its messages all the while thinking about the spiritual energy that went into its creation. Thank you for making it and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you