Monday, September 8, 2008

"The Audacity to Perceive"

Ahh... a nice day off yesterday! But first... I get to report I've had a SEVEN STAR week! Each day that I've been loyal to my OA-90 food plan, I've given myself a STAR. Childish? maybe, but the accumulation of the stars and the right brained activity of actually drawing the star and doodling a bit, really is a pleasant reward. I've never eaten so many veggies before! While it has been a challenge to have enough variety in the house/fridge, my body is just feeling better. And, the food plan allows for plenty of quantity, so I'm feeling full and satisfied, and actually hungry at meal times.

The most wonderful feeling is to be able to watch TV at night and not feel the munchies! My habbits have been to eat late, and eat allot! often 8-12 oz of protein with a little salad, and of course, some wine.... a thing of the past now! A great REWARD is the deep sleep I'm getting after eating balanced meals! And some interesting dreams too.

Somehow, organizing my meals into weighed and measured, committed meals, has played out in my regular day to day life as well. I seem to have more time, be more organized somehow. This week, I'm really going to watch my time management to see just where it all goes, and hopefully to direct more into decluttering my environment and actually creating art.

So, yesterday I took some time off to spend with Brit. We attended the Church of the Inner Light in Santa Cruz/Aptos.... and we were both blown away by the amazing music and the hugely inspiring talk! "The Audacity to Perceive". Rev Deborah Johnson moves about the platform and talks without notes! Serendipity! I had to write down this quote: Pain pushes and Vision Pulls.

In OA-90 it is the pain that gets us into the room, onto the plan, and it's the VISION of living a healthy, happy, fuller life that pulls us along. One of the affirmations reads: "I have the audacity to challenge paradigms that do not support my divinity"... My divinity is about walking my talk.... living a life that is God centered, calling forth Divine Light to be my guide throughout the day in ever action.

Paradigm: stress/anxiety over perceived lack of finances: I became rather stressed last week concerning finances.... after meditation I turned everything over to God and asked that I be aware, moment to moment, that my actions are coming from my God-Center. Somehow, the stress and anxiety lifted, and I was able to perform and do the work that needs to be done by me, in a timely and orderly, and relaxed way! I've even had time to read more, study more, and journal more! Amazing.... and I am grateful.

Spending time with Brit was delicious! so much talking and sharing. We saw "Momma Mia" to finish off a wonderful day! I am so profoundly and richly rewarded with this amazing young woman!

Well, I could write on about other paradigms I'm ready to evaporate, but my day is about balance and it is time to move onto my next function.

I love writing here, and allowing Spirit to unfold. And I am eternally grateful! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you