Tuesday, March 12, 2013

3 New Lace Books: 1st PURE SWEETNESS

Hello friends... it's been over a week, tucked into my delicious sewing studio, making these three lace books. This first one you see, was actually the last made and the most free-formed, less planned. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out, with nothing planned!

All three are listed on my EBAY PAGE.

The book measures  5x7, with eight decorated pages.

There's a sweet story that goes with each of these beautiful young girls from a time long ago....

On the cover, you'll meed Edith. Much to her mother's dismay, Edith spent most of her days shoeless, playing in the cornfields with her brothers. Her mom did insist on Edith wearing a bow in her hair.
('Edith' came to me from one of my Yahoo group friends, but I can't remember who, to properly acknowledge you/her. Please let me know if you remember who posted this pic. Thanks)
 On the other hand... here is sweet Harriet. Her mom was delighted that Harriet hated to play outside and would spend hours dressing her dolly in look-alike dresses.

 Judith, on the right side, is not too sure which way to go. Some outside time is okay, but like Harriet, she doesn't like to get dirty. She does love to model her creamy white voile dress for the camera though.

 Mary Beth is a thinker... can you tell? Even though she had to pose for this cameo picture, she still let you know she'd rather be reading, learning, and figuring things out.



And here is little Mary Anne, better known as Molly. 
She is boasting with pride for learning to sew at her mommy's feet. 
Mommy worked her pedal singer sewing machine and gave Molly her homespun scraps. 
You can see one of the bobbins her mom gave her for her own thread. 
Molly loved to make clothes for her Frozen Charlotte Doll. 
The silly name  comes from the folk ballad about a young girl called Charlotte who refused to wrap up warmly to go on a sleigh ride in fear that it would cover up her pretty dress. 
So Molly always makes sure that her Charlotte is nice and warm in a bunting.

Finally, here is young Iris. 
Iris loved her name since she was named for her Nanna's favorite purple flower. 
And Iris was her Nanna's favorite granddaughter! 
With her hair in perfect blonde ringlets, 
Iris would spend hours playing dress-up in Nanna's Victorian dresses. 
And Nanna let her play in her jewelry box, trying on beautiful pearls and jewels.
 Now, I'm curious.... which little girl do you most identify with?






4 comments:

  1. Your creations are all so beautiful. It didn't take but a glance to know that I most assuredly was Molly at Mama's feet as she used her non-electrified Singer. Later, an electric one was used. I'm still a Molly today, for certain! Thanks for all this wonderful creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, me too, Lynn. I got my love of sewing at my mother's feet. And I think that's why I'm so deeply loving the hours I spend needle crafting today. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say I'm a combination of Edith and Mary Beth, I love to think things over while roaming outside and I love to read while taking a break during my hikes.
    All that lace is just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chris - you have been busy creating! Pure Sweetness is just a darling little book. I'm sure it won't last long in your shop!
    Beautiful ideas and lovely work!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you