Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Elain Drew, Dream Journaling and Yosemite Pinecones

Throughout the summer, Yosemite Art Center provides wonderful FREE! art lessons taught by fabulous teachers! Last week was my third visit and I was honored to spend over four hours with Elaine Drew. We settled under the pine trees on the edge of a meadow with Half Dome as our backdrop. Surrounded by magnificent vistas, we brought our gaze (Zen style) down to the Sacred Geometry of a single pine cone.

People are scurrying through the Valley, snapping pictures everywhere.  Somehow, spending four hours gazing at a single pine cone brought me to new depths of appreciation for Nature and the splendors of Yosemite.  

I shared some wonderful conversations with Elaine and a few of the other students that day. While showing Elaine my little travel art journal, she shared about her Dream Art Journaling.  I've recorded my dreams for introspection, but I've never thought to draw or sketch images from the dream. So, it was a double blessing received! 

Check out Elaine's Daily Dreamer website!
Sweet blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky You! I know exactly where you were and it is a magnificent place. Art and nature - what a combo..Your sketch of the pine cone is wonderful. I actually have a collection of the large sugar cones and assorted other pine cones. Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog.....very peaceful here..I will be back to read more...your art is wonderful!

    Heart Hugs,
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog - words and visuals are so uplifting. they remind me to breathe and be grateful.. You are reminding us of the beauty. I am happy for you and happy at what you share! thanks for visiting my blog. I will come back to yours often! love you. jeanine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you